In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all information that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address,
e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
The responsible body for the data processing on this website is:
EuroLeague Players Association
Hamburger Allee 4
60486 Frankfurt am Main
Fax: +49 69 668111-299
(1) You have the following rights:
- Right of access to information
In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you can request information about your personal data, which we process.
- Right to rectification
If the information concerning you is not (or is no longer) correct, you can request a correction under Art. 16 GDPR. If your data is incomplete, you may request that it be completed.
- Right to erasure
You can request the erasure of your personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR.
- Right to restriction of processing
In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability
In the event that the requirements of Art. 20 Para. 1 GDPR are fulfilled, you have the right to have data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfilment of a contract handed over to you or to third parties. The Collecting of the data for providing of the website and the storage of the log files are absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. They are therefore not based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR, but are justified pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The requirements of Art. 20 para. 1 GDPR are therefore not fulfilled in this respect.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection regulatory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(3) Should we process your personal data on the basis of your express consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. You can send us your revocation informally by e-mail to the above-mentioned e-mail address. The legality of the data processing carried out up to the time of revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
(4) You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data carried out pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The responsible person will then no longer process the personal data, unless he can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing which are justified on grounds of legitimate interest outweighing the interests, rights and freedoms of the affected person, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. The collection of the data for the provision of the website and the storage of the log files are absolutely necessary for the operation of the website.
Which of your personal data are processed?
(1) If you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or send us information in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(3) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk, assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the site that sets the cookies (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
We mainly use transient cookies. Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
We use transient cookies primarily for electronic communication with you. For example, if you log in to our member portal, you will remain logged in until you close your browser or until you actively log out. This allows you to return to our site without having to log in again.
The legal basis for processing by cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the storage of cookies for the technically error-free and optimised provision of his services.
(4) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The data will only be used to process your contact. The processing of the data entered is based exclusively on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
We process the data you send us via these networks in order to communicate with you and to answer your messages there.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest in communication with users and our external presentation for the purpose of advertising in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR. Insofar as you have given your consent to the person responsible for the social network to process your personal data, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) and Art. 7 GDPR.
To analyze and optimize our website and our advertising activities, we use the so-called “Facebook pixel” of the social network Facebook, Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland, on our website. With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is possible for Facebook to determine the visitors to our website as a target group for the display of advertisements on Facebook (so-called “Facebook ads”). We use the Facebook pixel to display Facebook ads to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our website or who have certain characteristics (e.g. interests in certain topics or products determined on the basis of the websites visited). With the help of the Facebook pixel, we want to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of users and want to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called “conversion”).
The Facebook pixel is directly embedded on our website by Facebook and can save a so-called cookie on your device. If you then log in to Facebook or visit Facebook while logged in, the visit to our website will be noted in your proﬁle. The data collected about you does not provide us with any evidence of the user’s identity. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user proﬁl is possible and can be used by Facebook for its own market research and advertising purposes. If we should transfer data to Facebook for matching purposes, this data is encrypted locally in the browser and only then sent to Facebook via a secure https connection. Furthermore, when using the Facebook Pixel, we use the additional function “extended matching”. The transmitted date will also be used to build target groups (“Custom Audiences” or “Look Alike Audiences”). This data is also encrypted.
The following data will be transmitted:
- Frequency and duration of page views
- Use of website functions
- Device type and browser settings (operating system, firmware, language settings)
- Interests (go to www.facebook.com/ads/preferences to view these)
- Demographic characteristics
- Location (via anonymized IP addresses)
Facebook’s processing of the data is in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). For more information and details about the Facebook Pixel and how it works, please visit Facebook’s help section.
The legal basis for this data processing is your consent, Art.6 para.1 a) GDPR.
You can prevent the use of Facebook pixel by not giving us your consent to the use of Facebook pixel when you visit our website.
You can object to the data collecting by the Facebook pixel and the use of your data for the display of Facebook ads at any time.
The best way to do this is to change the cookie settings on our website. To do this, please click here.
Our website uses social plug-ins (“Plug-ins”) from Twitter, which is operated by Twitter Inc, 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). The plug-ins are marked with a Twitter logo, for example in the form of a blue “Twitter bird”. An overview of the Twitter plug-ins and their appearance can be found here: https://about.twitter.com/en_us/company/brand-resources.html. If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct connection to the Twitter servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Twitter directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through the integration, Twitter receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Twitter profile or are not currently logged in to Twitter.
Further information on data protection for the respective networks used by us is available at the following addresses:
a) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Facebook has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield.
b) Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025,USA
As a subsidiary of Facebook, Instagram is subject to the EU-US privacy shield.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA;
Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield.
Recipient of your data
Personal data collected by us will not be passed on to third parties. By interacting with our social media accounts and our Twitter plug-in, data could be collected by the social media platforms. All providers of the social media platforms used by us have committed themselves to comply with the EU data protection standards as a Privacy-Shield certified US provider.
Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose for storing them no longer applies, unless their further storage is necessary for evidential purposes or is opposed by statutory storage obligations. This includes, for example, commercial storage obligations for business letters according to § 257 para. 1 of the German Commercial Code (HGB) (6 years) and tax storage obligations according to § 147 para. 1 of the German Tax Code (AO) for documents (10 years). If the prescribed retention period expires, your data will be blocked or deleted, unless the storage is still necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.